According to the Solar Energy Industry Association, in 2017 Solar is one of the Fastest Growing Industry in the USA, growing by 24%. Demand for solar jobs in soaring. The NABCEP is the most, widely accepted and valuable solar certification in the industry. | | | V The NABCEP Study Guide is for professionals who want to prepare for the NABCEP Solar Photovoltaic Exam and pass it the first time.
| | | V Here's 5 sample questions from the free 75 NABCEP Practice Test [2017 Edition] | | | V
1. A rooftop system on a rubber membrane roof has a conduit between two junction boxes 300' apart. Between the junction boxes there's also a combiner box 100' from one end. How many conduit supports are needed? a) 5 at 10' spacing for 300' span; 2 at 6' spacing for 100' span b) 5 at 7' spacing for 300' span; 2 at 5' spacing for 100' span c) 5 at 15' spacing for 300' span; 2 at 5' spacing for 100' span d) 5 at 9' spacing for 300' span; 2 at 8' spacing for 100' span
2. For a 530V stand alone system, you are putting the wiring through SCHD 40 PVC 100' long and have to lay it underground. When are you digging, you find that there are a lot of rocks. What are the MINIMUM burial requirements? a) 18" deep in a mixture of rock and sand b) 12" deep with 2" of concrete cover and the rest fill c) 24" deep with sand/rock mixture d) Cover it with rock excavated from another dig at 16" depth
3. You are installing an inverter with a 600V max DC input and a maximum power point tracking voltage range of 275V to 575V. The modules you are choosing have a Voc of 44V and a Vmp of 34V. The record coldest temperature in the area is -5C and the stand-alone racking has a good breeze and the module temperature will never reach above 40C. What are the MINIMUM and MAXIMUM number of modules you can install in a series to stay within the maximum power tracking range of the inverter? a) 7, 13 b) 9, 12 c) 10, 13 d) 10, 12
4. You are a solar installer called to move a residential two-axes tracker system from Yuma, AZ to Wegatcha, NM. Before reinstalling the system what should you check? a) The system open circuit voltage b) The new house branch circuit amperage c) The breaker size of the main panel d) The insolation difference between the two locations
5. You have installed a 2kW DC system in a house built in 1985, in which the main panel has one of those pop out breakers. The inspector red tags the system citing NEC 400.36(F) saying you need some clamps. What do you do? a) File an appeal with the state electrician's board b) Point the inspector to two sections of Article 690 c) Replace the main panel d) Cry
75 NABCEP Installer Test Questions for Free [2017 Edition]
These questions were written by Dr. Sean White. 2014 IREC Trainer of the Year
Dr. Sean White was the 2014 Interstate Renewable Energy Council Trainer of the Year. He is an ISPQ Certified Solar PV Master Trainer and has authored several books on solar. He contributed to the development of the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Job Task Analysis and has been a member of the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Technical Committee. Sean is a highly-experienced PV educator with thousands of hours teaching entry level, intermediate, and advanced PV classes at solar training centers throughout the world. Many hundreds of his students are employed at both startup and leading solar companies. Sean also designs commercial and residential PV systems.
Taking the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Exam? It's notoriously difficult, and this course is a great way to prepare. You'll get access to a 75-question practice exam, many hours of lecture videos, and a world-class instructor. The course is taught by Dr. Sean White. He was the 2014 IREC Trainer of the Year, travels around the world to teach seminars on solar technology, and recently published two books on solar design & installation (you get one of them in the mail with this course). You can jump into this course all the way up to exam day - feel free to jump in late and catch up!
70-Question Practice Exam This course includes a 70-question practice exam that emulates the actual exam as closely as possible.
Your Instructor is the Reigning "IREC Trainer of the Year" Dr. Sean White is a published author and the 2014 IREC Trainer of the year. He is the best instructor in the world at helping you pass this test.
Study with the best and brightest The NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification exam changes every time. We do our best to respond with new material, but we've learned over the years that you're going to see new material on the exam. We don't want to over-promise. This course is a great way to study for the exam with your peers and get answers to your questions, but it's not perfect. You need to be proactive and participate in the discussion to get the most out of the course. If you don't pass, you can take the course again at a discounted rate.
Included: Dr. White's New Book: "Solar PV Engineering and Installation" Dr. White published his new book, "Solar PV Engineering and Installation," in May 2015. It's a perfect complement to this course and also a great study companion for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification exam. We'll ship you a copy when you register.
Self-Paced Online Course This course is self-paced and entirely online. The lecture videos and other materials are available any time, and the instructor responds to student questions through a discussion board. In order to participate, you will need an Internet connection and an up-to-date web browser.
Supported by Student Advocate – Tom McCormack In addition to instructor support via the discussion board, students have access to Tom McCormack, HeatSpring's Student Advocate. He is available to answer general questions via email, discussion board, chat, or phone. (Spanish email support available upon request.)
Earn a Certificate of Completion When you complete this course you are eligible for a certificate of completion from HeatSpring. You can download your certificate as soon as you have completed all of the course requirements. Students can easily share their verified certificates on their LinkedIn profiles using our one-click LinkedIn integration.